April 18, 2021
It’s been a while, but for good reason. As you know, I completed Interference a few weeks ago. Over the last few weeks, I’ve been scrubbing the novel—slashing here, trimming there—and I just finished the first (and second) major edits. As this book also features an Indigenous family, I also wanted to make sure that I got it right. Yes, I’ve been to a smudge, but my husband is much more immersed in the culture than I am. He’s gone to many. He also has Indigenous cousins and friends and has worked with Indigenous communities for years, but even with that insight, we put the book in the very capable hands of one of his Indigenous cousins for a review. Thank you Diane for your eyes!
This morning, I also fed the novel through an AI (Artificial Intelligence) program and I just got my results. Score! The novel is the roller coaster I hoped it to be. For those nerdy ones out there who are as fascinated with data as I am, check these reports out.
(The cover is out for design right now, too, and I’ll share it with you when I receive it next week. Stay tuned!)